Call for Papers for the Fiber Society's Spring 2017 Conference
Call for papers for the conference scheduled for May 17-19, 2017
The Fiber Society’s Spring 2017 Conference
Next Generation Fibers for Smart Products
May 17–19, 2017
Institut für Textiltechnik der RWTH
Call for Papers
The Fiber Society seeks papers on fundamental research related to the science and engineering of fibers and fibrous materials for its 2017 Spring Conference, scheduled for May 17–19, 2017, at the Institut für Tectiltechnik der RWTH, Aachen, Germany. Submissions of original work related but not limited to the following themes are welcomed:
• Fiber Formation, Structure, and Properties • Yarns and Fabrics: Processes, Structures, and Properties
• Fiber Characterization and Testing • Modeling and Simulation of Textiles and Processes
• Textile Factory in the Future • Functional Fibers
• Smart Polymers, Fibers, and Textiles • Plastic Optical Fibers
• Fibers for Biomedical Applications • Textile Machinery
• Biobased Materails • Nonwovens
• Composites • Reinforcing Fibers
• Nanofibers • Multimaterial Fibers
Online submissions only will be accepted beginning of 12/15/2016. Access the Fiber Society website at thefibersociety.org and follow the link for submission; do not email your submission. Formatting guidelines for oral and poster abstracts are provided online. Submissions must be in the proper Word document format; no PDFs. Submission deadline is 02/20/2017. Notification of acceptance will be no later than 04/01/2017.
Conference registration will be online through the Fiber Society website. Up-to-date information about the conference, hotel accommodations, travel, and more will be available on the website as details are finalized.
For inquiries regarding technical content, contact email@example.com. For questions concerning the abstract submission process and conference registration, contact Pam Gabriel (firstname.lastname@example.org).